👩⚖️Instant oatmeal fact: it gets a bad rap because it’s usually also packed with added sugars … but the plain version has about the same nutrients as regular oats!
This recipe will give you the best of both – because you can control the amount of sugar that’s in there!
You can double … triple … or quadruple this recipe and make a bunch of jars ahead of time.
💡Try experimenting with different nuts & berries.
You can even turn this into a breakfast parfait – just add hot liquid, mix in ½ cup (115 g) of plain Greek yogurt and let sit for 1-2 hours (or overnight).
Your dry instant oatmeal jars will keep for 4-6 weeks in a cool, dry place.
Berry-Nut Instant Oatmeal
● ½ cup (40 g) instant oatmeal
● 2 Tbsp freeze-dried strawberry or blueberry
● 1 tbsp chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
● 1 tbsp chia seed
● ¼ tsp cinnamon (to taste)
● ½ to 1 tsp coconut sugar, to taste (or other dry sweetener)
● ½ cup (120 ml) boiling liquid (water or your favorite milk)
Place the instant oatmeal, freeze-dried berries, nuts, chia seed, cinnamon, and sugar in a Mason jar. Seal tightly if you’re making this ahead of time.
When it’s time to eat, simply pour the boiling liquid over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Let sit for 3-4 minutes. Yum!