😋 I’ve got a delicious lunch recipe for you that will make all of your coworkers jealous!
It’s hearty, a little spicy, and a lot delicious!
You’re in control of the spice and heat level: add more hot sauce for a spicier chili. Likewise with the cilantro!
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili
(makes about 4 servings)
● 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
● 1 large onion, diced
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● 2 Tbsp chili powder
● 2 tsp ground cumin
● ¼ tsp salt
● 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (to taste)
● 2½ cups (590 ml) water
● 2 15-oz (425 g) cans black beans, rinsed
● 1 14.5-z (411 g) can diced tomatoes
● 2 Tbsp lime juice
● Handful chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sweet potato and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the onion begins to soften. Be sure to stir frequently.
Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the pot and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add water and hot sauce and bring to a simmer.
Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.