There are so many things that I love about this recipe...
1. It’s SO EASY and QUICK! (perfect to whip together after a long day at work)
2. It’s DAIRY-FREE! (hard to believe when you taste how creamy it is)
3. It’s SHRIMP! (shrimp is awesome)
You have many options when it comes to what you choose to serve this delicious shrimp dish over....all of which are delightful:
* Veggie Noodles
* Cauliflower Rice
* Baked sweet potato
Courtesy of Real Healthy Recipes
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter)
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• ½ cup white wine
• 1 can (13.66oz) coconut milk
• ½ cup nutritional yeast
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1 Heat the olive oil over medium-high in a large skillet. Add the shrimp fry until fully cooked and pink, seasoning with the salt and pepper. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
2 In the same skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two, until fragrant. Stir in the wine and cook until reduced by half, using a spatula to scrape the garlic pieces off the bottom of the pan.
3 Reduce the heat to low and add the coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and mix in the nutritional yeast. Mix until creamy and smooth.
4 Add the shrimp back to the pan and mix until cover with the sauce. Season with additional salt and pepper.
Top off with the minced parsley. Serve immediately over veggie noodles or cauliflower rice or cooked quinoa. Enjoy!
Calories: 231 Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 357mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 35g Sugar: 0g