😋I’ve got a meal prep superfood bowl recipe that’s fast & easy … and it uses <gasp> convenience foods!
In just a few minutes, you can have 4 healthy meals ready to go for lunch or dinner!
🔥Want to add more protein? Just add 3-4 ounces (80-115 g) of cubed rotisserie or grilled chicken to each serving.
👉🏼NOTE: You don’t have to rely on the convenience food option. Just cook the ingredients ahead of time, and assemble your superfood bowl when it’s mealtime.
Meal Prep Vegan Superfood Bowl
(makes 4 servings)
● 8 oz (250 g) package of microwavable quinoa (or 2 cups/125 g cooked)
● ½ cup (120 g) of hummus
● 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
● 5 oz (140 g) package baby spinach, rinsed
● 8 oz (250 g) package cooked refrigerated baby beets (from the produce section)
● 1 cup (140 g) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
● 1 avocado (slice right before eating)
● ¼ cup (30 g) unsalted toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
While the quinoa cools, make the dressing: whisk together the hummus and lemon juice. If it is too thick, drizzle in a few drops of water to thin to your desired consistency. Set aside.
Divide the spinach among 4 reusable containers. To each container, add a quarter of the quinoa, beets, edamame, and pepitas.
When you’re ready to eat, top each serving with ¼ of the hummus dressing and toss well before adding ¼ of the avocado, cut into slices.
😋Serve and enjoy!
Check out other recipes 👉 https://www.mahann.com/recipes