🧋Want to give your coffee an extra protein pick-me-up?
This Mocha-Banana Protein Smoothie is FILLING… and that makes it a good on-the-go breakfast or pre- or post-workout shake to give you the energy to power through 💪
Even better? This recipe is so easy, the hardest part is remembering to set aside leftover brewed coffee in the fridge ahead of time!
And yes, before you freak out… there is frozen cauliflower on the ingredients list. I promise, it’s a great way to sneak veggies into your smoothie and you won’t even taste it.
**NOTE: depending on how thick (or thin) you like your smoothie, you can adjust the amount of milk you add, too!
Feel free to mix this one up. You can swap out the dates for 1 tablespoon of nut butter (almond, PB, etc) instead. The dates = a sweeter smoothie, the nut butter = creamier.
Now for the recipe!
Mocha-Banana Coffee Smoothie
● ¾ cup (180 ml) cold brewed coffee
● ¼ cup (30 ml) unsweetened non-dairy milk (more if necessary)
● ½ cup (55 g) frozen cauliflower florets
● 1 medium frozen banana, chopped
● ½ Tbsp cacao powder
● ½ tsp vanilla
● 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
● 2 soft pitted dates (optional) (if the dates are dry or hardened, soak them in hot water first)
● Pinch of sea salt
Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!