😋This is a fast lunch or dinner you can quickly throw together when you don’t feel like cooking.
Tips for buying canned or pouched tuna:
● Albacore & bluefin have the most omega-3s, followed by skipjack and yellowfin
● Choose BPA-free packaging
● Check labels for “pole-caught” or trolling – they are more sustainably harvested
● Read the nutrition label for added ingredients
🥬 Salad Niçoise with Asparagus
(Makes 2 servings)
● ½ lb small red potatoes (about 5), cut in half
● ½ lb fresh thin asparagus, trimmed
● 2 -2½ oz pouches albacore tuna in water
● ½ cup pitted Nicoise or Greek olives, halved
● 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
● 1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (to taste)
● 2 handfuls salad greens
● Salt & pepper, to taste
Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Place on the stove at medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When it’s boiling, reduce heat slightly to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the asparagus during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking.
While it’s cooking, whisk the oil & vinegar together in a small bowl and add salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
Place a handful of salad greens on two plates or in containers. When the asparagus and potatoes are tender, carefully drain them before plunging them into ice water to cool. Drain again and divide between the plates.
Add the tuna and the olives to the plates, and drizzle with the oil & vinegar dressing.
Click here for other healthy recipe ideas