Seared Scallops with Green Goddess Slaw
(makes 4 servings)
● 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
● 1 cup (170 g) low-fat plain Greek yogurt
● 1 large lemon, juiced
● ½ cup (15 g) chopped fresh parsley
● Pinch of sea salt
● 16 oz. (455 g) bag of broccoli or veggie slaw mix
● 1 Tbsp olive oil
● 1 lb (455 g) sea scallops, patted dry
● Freshly ground pepper
Make the dressing: In a blender, combine the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, and a pinch of salt. Cover tightly and blend until smooth. If you want a thinner dressing, add a small amount of water, ½ tsp at a time.
Prepare the slaw: Place the slaw mix in a large salad bowl and pour the avocado mixture over it, tossing to coat.
Sear the scallops: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the scallops in the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side (until browned). Remove from the heat, and sprinkle with pepper and additional salt if desired.
Place on a serving plate with the slaw. Enjoy!