Sheet pan recipes are the BEST when it comes to quick & easy dinners.
This fajita recipe is a crowd-pleaser - guaranteed new favorite that you’ll want to add to the rotation.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
(Serves 4 portions)
● 2-3 large bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow), cut into strips
● 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
● 2 Tbsp avocado oil
● 2 Tbsp fajita seasoning mix
● 1½ lbs (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
● 2 limes: 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges for serving
● 8 corn tortillas, warmed
● For serving: Guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, and goat cheese
Preheat your broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
Place the peppers and onions in a large bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp each of the oil and fajita seasoning. Pour the vegetables onto the baking sheet and broil until they soften and begin to char, about 5-8 minutes.
While they are broiling, cut the chicken into thin slices (¼ inch/½ cm) and place in the bowl, tossing with the remaining 1 Tbsp each of oil and fajita mixture.
Place the chicken on top of the slightly charred peppers and onions and continue to broil until the chicken is cooked through (about 5 mins). Remove from the oven and drizzle with the lime juice.
Serve the fajita mixture with tortillas and your favorite toppings (guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, goat cheese, etc.).
CALORIES: 479||PROTEIN: 45||CARBS: 32.5||FATS: 30||FIBER: 5||SODIUM: 689.5||SUGARS: 6