(makes 4 servings)
● 1 Tbsp butter or extra virgin olive oil
● 1 large onion, chopped
● 1 tsp dried thyme
● ½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
● ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
● 1 cup (200 g) brown lentils
● 6 cups (1.5 L) low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
Heat the butter or oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and saute for 4-6 minutes, until they soften and begin to caramelize.
Add the thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the lentils and broth to the pot. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and allow to gently simmer for 20-30 minutes until the lentils are soft.
👍 Taste and season with more salt or pepper as needed. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to Check out other healthy recipes