🧐🍍When you think “healthy breakfast” what’s one of the first foods that pops into your mind?
If it’s a green smoothie, you’re not alone! But this recipe isn’t just for breakfast because it also would make an ideal snack to help boost your veggie and fruit intake.
You’ll see that it includes frozen grapes. I have a couple of tips:
✅TIP 1: Wash and dry your grapes thoroughly, then spread them out on a freezer-safe sheet pan. Put the pan in the freezer until the grapes are frozen (about an hour), then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag.
This stops them from freezing together.
✅TIP 2: Frozen grapes can be quick & healthy snack straight out of the freezer.
Pineapple Green Smoothie
● 1 cup (150 grams) chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
● 1 cup (30 grams) packed chopped spinach
● 1 cup (95 grams) green grapes, frozen
● Juice of ½ lemon
● 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
● 1 tsp ground flaxseed
● 1-2 Tbsp your milk alternative, water, or coconut water, as needed
● ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add liquid (milk alternative, water, or coconut water) as needed if the mixture is too thick.
Pour into a glass and drink up! 😋