Are you eating the wrong foods? Try swapping out your Nutritional choices and start Revving up your weight loss.
I see it happen all the time…fitness results that are thrown away by eating the wrong foods. Don’t let this be you. You workout hard, so keep your results by avoiding the following 7 foods:
1) Don’t Eat White Pasta White pasta will never be OK to eat when your goal is to look fit. Sorry, it’s filled with way too many simple carbs. These plentiful carbs have one singular goal: to become stored on your body as fat.
Eat This: Spaghetti Squash
2) Don’t Eat Store Bought Salad Dressing The nutritional benefit of your salad is all but undone by the questionable ingredients in store bought salad dressing. From trans fats to preservatives, store bought salad dressing is a landfill of unnatural ingredients that are best avoided.
Eat This: Simple Homemade Dressing
3 parts high quality oil – extra virgin olive oil, hemp seed oil, flax seed oil, or sesame seed oil.
1 part something acidic – vinegar, lemon, lime
A dash of salt and fresh ground pepper
Some fresh or dried herbs
3) Don’t Eat Packaged Granola Bars Packaged bars have one thing going for them – the convenience factor. This convenience comes at a price, as each packaged bar contains more preservatives, carbs, calories and sugars than you should be eating.
Eat This: Raw Nuts
4) Don’t Drink Blended Coffee Drinks Coffee chains have made it socially acceptable to sip on a large blended coffee drink topped with whipped cream, anytime and anyplace. Unfortunately, your body is going to respond to all that sugar in the only way that it knows how…by storing it as fat. These blended drinks are extremely addictive, so it’s best to avoid them completely.
Drink This: Unsweetened Iced Tea
Two glasses with iced tea with lemon and ice on the wooden table
The whole idea behind blended coffee drinks is to quench your thirst, but there are more fitness-friendly ways to do so. Double brew 4 cups of your favorite tea – try Chai Rooibos – then chill it in the fridge for a few hours. Serve over ice and sweeten with a sprinkle of Stevia if needed. Guilt-free refreshment.
5) Don’t Eat Fast Food Breakfast Sandwiches The drive thru may be calling you, especially when you’ve left for work in such a hurry that you forgot to eat breakfast, but don’t give in. Fast food breakfast sandwiches are filled with loads of preservatives, trans fats and questionable ingredients. Not to mention these little breakfast bombs contain more calories and fat than you need in the morning.
Eat This: Healthy Mini Muffins
6) Don’t Eat Sweetened Yogurt Little cups of fruit-flavored yogurts are often marketed as the next best weight loss secret, but you know better. These ultra-sweet concoctions are filled with sugars, corn syrup and preservatives, which will derail your fitness results and send you on a sugar high.
Eat This: Plain Greek Yogurt with Fruit
7) Don’t Eat Potato Chips Around three o’clock in the afternoon, when that vending machine is calling out your name, remember this fact: Studies suggest that a potato chip habit caused subjects to gain weight even faster than an ice cream habit. This is likely due to all the preservatives, trans fats, empty calories and salt, and how hard it is to each just a few.
Eat This: Bake Kale Chips
Kale chips are crunchy and satisfying, just like potato chips, yet you’re able to crunch away guilt-free. Filled with fiber, protein and real food nutrients, this is one crunchy snack that won’t expand your waistline. Here’s how to make them at home: Wash and tear one bunch of kale into chip-sized pieces. Toss with a Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
The quickest and most permanent way to lose weight and feel amazing is through a combination of healthy eating and consistent, challenging workouts.
I am your exclusive Personal Trainer, Coach and Cheerleader. I’m here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals.
You deserve that confident, fit and attractive body – I can help you get it.